Hardwood flooring plays a significant role in your home decor, adding warmth, elegance, and durability to any space.
With countless styles and patterns to choose from, finding the right hardwood floor can feel challenging. The choices can truly transform your home’s aesthetics.
This comprehensive guide aims to introduce you to the various hardwood floor styles and patterns that are available, helping you make informed decisions when selecting flooring for your home.
Let’s take a look:
Different hardwood floor styles
Are you asking yourself, “what is the best hard wood flooring styles for me?”
First of all, there are different general styles and types of wood flooring that you can consider for your home. The three main wood floor types of style are:
- Traditional: This classic solid hardwood style features narrow planks with a smooth, cohesive appearance. Traditional hardwood floors are versatile and complement various home decor styles.
- Contemporary: Contemporary hardwood floors are characterized by their sleek and minimalist designs, featuring wide planks, light finishes, and clean lines. These floors are ideal for modern and minimalist homes.
- Rustic: For a more natural and organic look, rustic hardwood floors are the perfect choice – and a popular wood flooring option. They often feature wider planks with distressed or hand-scraped finishes, adding character and charm to any room. The best type of hardwood flooring adds to a space.
When deciding which flooring style and wood floor material to choose, take clues from the overall style of your home. Is your home more modern? Perhaps consider more contemporary design styles and hardwood flooring trends. Is your home rustic in a location that reflects that look? Then try out a more rustic style of hardwood flooring. The best hardwood floors reflect a homeowners own style.
Popular hardwood floor patterns
In addition to styles of wood flooring types, there are several popular patterns that homeowners enjoy. You may want to consider these for your own home. A unique hardwood floor layout can add such warmth and dimension. It’s truly an art!
Three popular patterns to choose form include:
- Herringbone: Herringbone floor designs create a visually captivating zigzag design with rectangular planks. This wood flooring layout pattern adds sophistication and depth to any space – in many hardwood floor colors.
- Parquet: One of the classic and best wood flooring patterns is parquet. Parquet patterns consist of small wood pieces arranged in geometric shapes or intricate designs. Sometimes called wood brick flooring patterns, parquet floors add a unique and artistic touch to a room.
- Wide Planks: Wide plank is one of the types of hardwood floors that is quite popular in older homes. These types of old flooring feature larger, wider planks (often in natural color hardwood floors) that can visually expand the space and create a sense of grandeur. This style works well with both traditional natural wood floors and contemporary settings.
When choosing the pattern for the hardwood flooring in your home, consider laying out a sample on your floor to get a better idea of what the pattern will look like in your own space. Hudson Hardwood can help you find the best hardwood flooring and design pattern for you – and help you with your decision making.
Choosing the right style for your home
When selecting the different types of wood flooring and cool wood floors styles available, consider the following factors:
Overall style and decor
Evaluate your home’s style and existing decor to ensure that the hardwood floor design and style you choose complements the aesthetic of your home seamlessly. Different types of hardwood floors look best in certain types of homes. Modern floor design looks best in a modern home, for example.
Matching existing furnishings
Consider how the flooring will coordinate with your furniture and accessories. For example, contemporary hardwood floors may clash with traditional furniture. Take a look at the pieces of furniture and furnishing choices that you have. Study the style you have in general and make sure that your flooring choices will coordinate in the way you’d like.
Room size and lighting
Darker hardwood floors or busy hardwood floor designs can make a small room appear even smaller, while lighter-colored floors can create a sense of space. Take into account the room’s lighting when deciding on the shade and finish of the hardwood floor. A room that lacks light may look best with a lighter finish and style.
This is your home and your space! The decision on flooring and furnishing should reflect your own personal style – your choices. Your personal style and preferences should play a crucial role in selecting the hardwood floor and floor plank patterns that resonate with you.
Glance through magazines for flooring trends and ideas that appeal to you. Visit a wood floors gallery to see wood floor details up close. You might find a new idea that you hadn’t thought of. For example, two-tone wood floor designs are quite popular now, too. There are many unique wood floor design patterns to choose from.
Choosing your flooring style and pattern
Interior floor designs are all the rage these days! Choosing the right hardwood floor style and pattern can elevate the ambiance and functionality of your home.
By exploring the different wood flooring designs and wood floor options available with Hudson Hardwood, you can find a style that suits your personal taste, complements your existing decor, and enhances the overall aesthetics of your living space.
Remember, when choosing types of hardwood flooring and patterns to consider factors such as overall style, existing furnishings, floor trends, room size, lighting, and personal preferences when making your selection.
With the right new wood floors installed by Hudson Hardwood, you can transform your home into a welcoming and stylish haven – a space that is truly your own!